Sunday, September 4, 2011

More updates and questions :)

Hey ladies!  So I am feeling better still not up to par but better.  I have been walking more and trying to eat/drink more which is super hard.  When I swallow I think I can feel it sitting in my esophagus waiting to go into my stomach which is very uncomfortable? Normal?  And my surgeon also said he had put 5 cc in my band just to get it to be a normal placement, he said I am the first patient he has ever had to give that much of a fill to... has anyone else experienced this? It makes me worry I wont be able to have enough restriction, he assures me it shouldnt matter.  My 5 cc would be like someone elses 1cc still confused about it?!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Brooke,when I was banded I had 6 cc's put into my band. I just had my first fill of .5 almost 2 weeks ago, and now I'm at 6.5 in a 10 cc band. I could definitely feel the band in the first few days after surgery, because your tummy is swollen from the trauma, you know? I wouldn't worry about it unless it persists [and who am I to say, just a fellow bandster!]. By all means, if you're concerned about it, call your clinic - that's what they're there for. I hope that helps - before long, you won't be able to feel it like that at all...as far as the cc thing is concerned, the way I understand it is that every single person is different - you will figure out what is right for your body, and what is good for me [ie. 6.5 cc's] might not give you any restriction at all...it's an individual process. Hope you feel much better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to have something in your band. I had my one month bandiversary yesterday and they didn't put anything in my band when they put it in and I don't go for my first fill until the 16th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My surgeon just started putting fluid in bands during surgery. He put 2.5cc in my band during surgery. I'm sure you will you will get to the right restriction level and hopefully this will help you get there sooner. I have 6 right now in my band and I think it's just the right amount.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will get your restriction. It may take a few fills but you will get it. I know I am a little late commenting and by now you are probably having no trouble getting fluids down. I didn't have the whole "sitting in my esophagus" feeling but my husband (who was banded the same day as me) wasn't able to drink liquids for almost a week and wasn't able to eat even mushies for almost 2 weeks. Our surgeon basically said that she had to "wrestle" (her words) so much to get his band on that that she wasn't surprised that between the tightness of his band and the post-surgical swelling he was almost completely blocked. On the bright he did lose 25 pounds in two weeks.

    ReplyDelete